Thanks to our predecessors, masters & mentors, Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgical techniques have gained popularity in many areas of surgery during the last several years. Dr.Abraham Wagner, the founder of the Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgical Institute (MIFAS) is specifically trained in Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery. He has developed a philosophy using the latest advanced surgical techniques to treat foot and ankle pain bearing aesthetics in mind.
The techniques and fundamentals developed are intended to complement the ‘open’ surgical options in the management of a variety of foot and ankle deformities. Special surgical instruments, devices and advanced imaging techniques are used to visualize and perform the surgeries through extremely small ‘key-hole’ incisions. How small? Very!
Dr.Wagner is proud to be a continued pioneer in minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery. He continues to help lead the effort to bring this innovative surgical philosophy to the world. He has completed and continues extensive specialized training to employ the advanced techniques necessary to perform these intricate and delicate procedures in his state-of-the-art office-based surgical suite.
If you’re wondering how are we able to perform these surgeries through tiny little ‘key holes’, the answer lies in something called a fluoroscope, an advanced x-ray machine to see inside the body without having to make large incisions. Dr.Wagner is able to complete complex and delicate procedures without exposing the patient to any unnecessary risks.
While surgery is often a last resort for treating conditions that cause pain or are unsightly in the feet and ankles, Dr.Wagner will suggest minimally invasive surgery whenever possible to provide a better patient outcome without the risks associated with a traditional ‘open’ surgery. While there are some risks associated with any kind of surgery, including minimally invasive techniques, compared to an open surgical procedure, the risks are significantly reduced.
Benefits of MIS (minimally invasive surgery) over the traditional ‘open foot surgery’
- Less injury means less trauma
- Less risk of infection
- Minimal Blood Loss
- Decreased post-procedural pain: Limited discomfort
- Decreased surgery time
- Procedures are performed under local anesthesia. No general anesthesia. Only the treated area is locally anesthetized.
- Quicker recovery
- Quicker return to work and normal activities
- Less Scarring: Scars can barely be seen. These may range anywhere between 1-3 mm in length.
- Procedures are performed in our state-of-the-art, In-office surgical suite instead of the conventional outpatient or hospital setting.
Foot and ankle problems that can be treated with Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing bunion deformities
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing hammertoe deformities
- Painful or aesthetically unpleasing corns or calluses (anywhere in the foot)
- Painful bone spurs
- Metatarsal pain or metatarsalgia (pain along the ball of the foot)
- Heel Pain or plantar fasciitis
- Achilles Tendon Pain
- Ankle Arthritis
- Big-Toe Arthritis (hallux limitus)
- Some aspects of flat feet
- Ulcer Prevention
Dr.Abraham Wagner, JAWS Healthcare & the MIFAS Institute continue to refine minimally invasive foot, ankle and aesthetic techniques. This includes the use of this type of surgery with proper indications and most importantly excellent training and exceptional outcomes. We define the Standard of Care. For more information on MIFAS, please contact us.
Disclosure: It is extremely important for the public to know that not all foot surgeons are created equal. The training to perform Minimally Invasive surgeries (MIS) requires extensive technical skills to ensure mastery of the different surgical techniques and procedures.
For more information on minimally invasive foot and ankle (MIFAS) surgery,
please contact JAWS Podiatry at 954-922-7333.
- Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Aesthetic Toe Surgery
- Insta-Knee Lift Surgery
- Brazilian Foot Lift Surgery
- Bunion / Bunionette Removal Surgery
- Hammertoe Surgery Specialist
- Fifth Toe Correction Surgery
- Regenerative Procedures
- In-Grown Toe Nail Surgery
- PathFormer for Fungus
- Botox / Excessive Sweating
- The ‘Re-Loub’ Injection
- Plantar Fat Pad Augmentation
- Local Cryotherapy
- Foot & Ankle Surgery