When it comes to shoes, high heels are the #1 culprit of foot pain. While JAWS podiatry strongly advises patients to avoid wearing high heels, the reality is many patients will continue to wear them. Use these tips to make smarter high heel shoe selections.
Shoe Selections to Look For:
- Cushioning at the front of the shoe
- Generous toe box area
- Heel height of two inches or less
- Slight heel or wedge encourages your arch to lift
Shoe Selections to Avoid:
- Pointy, closed toe
- High stiletto
- Crowded toe box
- Excessive wear on heels or soles
- Requires “breaking in”
Wearing heels daily can cause your Achilles tendon to shrink, putting you at greater risk of an injury when doing any activities while wearing flats, including exercise.
Any heel over two inches in height results in shifting of your body weight forward, putting incredible pressure on the ball of your feet and toes.
JAWS podiatry: Hollywood, Florida Foot and Ankle Specialists
The experienced and skilled podiatrists at JAWS podiatry in Hollywood, Florida are here to help you keep your feet healthy, and help you get back on your feet when problems arise. We are a growing group of exceptional professionals who offer the highest degree of care in a welcoming, comfortable environment. Please contact us today at (954) 922-7333 to schedule a consultation.
- The Life-Changing Power of Cosmetic Foot Surgery - February 27, 2023
- What Are The Most Common Pediatric Foot Conditions? - October 5, 2020
- 4 Important Things To Know Before Having Foot Surgery - September 21, 2020